I am thrilled on being nominated for the Liebster Award by Wandering Soul who writes about a variety of things but mainly travel.
I am new to blogging, this blog being less than a months old and another, Foster Cat Chats, being less than two months old.
To know that I am doing something which other people see some value in touches me deeply. To longtime bloggers who are familiar with blogging awards, another such award may be commonplace, but to me it means so much. Thank you and I hope I continue to write something which you enjoy reading.
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions posed and compose your own questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- What references or resources do you use to improve your writing?
I read a lot and have for years. I aim at 100 books per year but don’t always hit that number. If you read a lot it has to show in your writing. I proofread and check spelling and grammar online.
- What made you start blogging, as against just maintaining a private journal/diary.
I attended a blogging workshop as part of a digital festival just because I like to try new things and it went from there. I have not kept a journal or diary since I was a child.
3. Which is your favourite book and why?
There are so many but one of my favourites is My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier. It had an unreliable narrator which added a psychological element to the story. I always leave the book which I have read several times thinking was Rachel as bad as we think she was?
4. What is your most cherished childhood memory?
I don’t have just one but any time spent with my grandmother.
5. Who or what has been the biggest influencing factor in your life?
6. What do you hope to achieve from your blog?
I hope to improve my writing skills, entertain and inform my readers,learn more about the blogging world and interact with readers and bloggers.
Here are my questions.
- When did you begin blogging and why?
- What is your favourite book?
- What advice would you give a new blogger?
- How much time do you devote to your blog?
- How do you relax?